Health & Safety Coordinator
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Health & Safety Manager in the development, implementation, and maintenance of Corebuild’s Health & Safety Policy. This includes but is not limited to assisting in the development of safe work procedures, claims management, investigations, workplace inspections and training.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in the development and implementation of safety training programs.
- Maintain documentation pertaining to safety training files.
- Maintain the Health and Safety manual, updating as new policies and practices are implemented.
- Conduct and/or assist in the training/orientation of newly hired employees.
- Assist Management in outlining safe operational procedures that identify and remedy all relevant hazards.
- Ordering Health and Safety supplies
- Tracking subcontractor health and safety required submittal documents for projects/sites.
- Assist Management with conducting workplace hazard assessments.
- Tracking and development of training metrics
- Other duties as required.
- The successful candidate will possess a minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in a safety role within a construction environment.
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and related legislation.
- Requires accurate and continual attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, as well as the ability to shift priorities on short notice.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-pace environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-directed and self-motivated, demonstrating a high level of professionalism, ethics, confidence, and a commitment to a team approach.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in MS Office Programs
- Valid G driver’s license.
- COR Auditing Experience considered an asset.
- Experience with Site Docs or other H&S platforms, an asset
- Certified JHSC, an asset.
- Diploma, Certificate, or Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or in a related discipline and/or at least 2 years’ experience within the field.
WHAT COREBUILD OFFERS:
- Competitive wages
- Health and dental benefits
- On-going career development courses